Petitgrain essential oil is frequently used in skin care recipes to help combat acne and oily skin. It is very gentle, yet effective on blemishes, inflammations, and overall problem skin.
Petitgrain is also used to help reduce stress and anxiety due to its relaxing, calming aroma. These properties make it a win for any nighttime diffuser recipe or aromatic pillow spray.
Looking for tried and true DIY wellness recipe to make with petitgrain oil? Check out our:
• Roller Ball Recipe (inc. 8 blends, yet petitgrian in particular is in our Balancing Blend)
Botanical name: Citrus aurantium
Scent description: Woody and slightly floral
Plant part: Leaves and twigs
Sizes available: 10 mL, 30 mL, 100 mL
• No essential oils at all during first trimester
• Safe when diluted once second trimester begins
What essential oil goes with petitgrain?
Petitgrain essential oil blends well with:
• Orange (Citrus sinensis)
• Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens)
• Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata)
• Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea)
• Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
Is petitgrain the same as neroli?
No. Neroli (higher than the price of petitgrain) comes from the blossoms of an orange plant rather than the leaves and twigs. However, they both have been know to relieve anxiety and stress and be helpful in natural skin care formulations.
This is an affiliate link, meaning I get a commission (at no cost to you) if you decide to make a purchase. Please read our disclosure for more information.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and receive a complementary ebook straight to your inbox:
IN THIS VALUE-PACKED PDF, YOU’LL FIND:
• A solid strategy that reduces social media burnout
• How to find your ideal audience
• 12 months of social prompts, polls, and other photo ideas
• Links to other resources just for skin care makers
• Access to our private Mompreneur’s MastermindSIGN ME UP!