Peppermint essential oil is widely known for its help with headaches and muscle ailments due to its cooling affect upon application.
However, peppermint oil benefits natural skin care in a variety of ways. It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties, which is incredibly useful when fighting acne and other skin inflammations. The slight tingle that it provides to the skin makes it a welcome addition to lip products for a fresh, memorable feel.
Looking for tried and true DIY skin care recipes to make with peppermint essential oil? Check out our:
• Face Serum Recipe (inc. 5 blends)
• Beeswax Lip Balm Recipe (inc. 21 scents)
• Sheer Lip Color Recipe (inc. 7 colors)
• Roller Ball Recipe (inc. 8 blends)
Botanical name: Mentha piperita
Scent description: minty, fresh, potent
Plant part: leaves
Sizes available: 10 mL, 30 mL, 100 mL
• No essential oils at all during first trimester
• Safety unknown during 2nd and 3rd trimesters
What goes well with peppermint essential oil?
Peppermint essential oil blends well with:
• Basil (Ocimum basilcum)
• Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus)
• Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens)
• Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
• Lemon (Citrus limon)
• Vanilla (Vanilla planifolia)
Can you apply peppermint oil directly to skin?
• Always mix essential oils with carrier oils prior to applying to body or in a recipe that meets 5% dilution guidelines.
This is an affiliate link, meaning I get a commission (at no cost to you) if you decide to make a purchase. Please read our disclosure for more information.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and receive a complementary ebook straight to your inbox:
IN THIS VALUE-PACKED PDF, YOU’LL FIND:
• A solid strategy that reduces social media burnout
• How to find your ideal audience
• 12 months of social prompts, polls, and other photo ideas
• Links to other resources just for skin care makers
• Access to our private Mompreneur’s MastermindSIGN ME UP!