Patchouli essential oil uses are far reaching, yet in skin care recipes it works the best for dry skin issues such as eczema, dry chapped skin, and dandruff.
Patchouli is calming and grounding, said to reduce stress, depression, and anxiety (makes it a great addition to a diffuser or roll-on oil).
Lastly, the patchouli scent is a well-known aphrodisiac and a must in sensual synergies such as our Aphrodite's Kiss blend (see links below).
Looking for tried and true DIY skin care recipes to make use of all these patchouli essential oil benefits? Check out our:
• Beeswax Lip Balm Recipe (inc. 21 scents)
• Roller Ball Recipe (inc. 8 blends)
Botanical name: Pogostemon cablin
Scent description: Rich and earthy
Plant part: Leaves
Sizes available: 10 mL, 30 mL, 100 mL
• No essential oils at all during first trimester
• Safe when diluted once second trimester begins
What blends well with patchouli essential oil?
Patchouli essential oil blends well with:• Bergamot (Citrus bergamia)
• Myrrh (Commiphora myrrha)
How to use patchouli essential oil:
In addition to the linked recipes, patchouli can be used in a variety of room diffusers, a drop or two added to shampoo and other personal care products, or a drop on your pillow to help with sleep (note: a little goes a LONG way).
This is an affiliate link, meaning I get a commission (at no cost to you) if you decide to make a purchase. Please read our disclosure for more information.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and receive a complementary ebook straight to your inbox:
IN THIS VALUE-PACKED PDF, YOU’LL FIND:
• A solid strategy that reduces social media burnout
• How to find your ideal audience
• 12 months of social prompts, polls, and other photo ideas
• Links to other resources just for skin care makers
• Access to our private Mompreneur’s MastermindSIGN ME UP!